I found the recipe at this blog : Baked By Bree which I tweaked, slightly.
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup berries (calls for blueberries, I used blackberries)
- 1/4 cup juice (calls for orange, I used passion fruit)
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 (8-ounce) cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Put the sugar, cornstarch, juice, and berries in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat until it is thickened and has come to a bubble. Take off the heat and set aside.
- Mix the flour, powdered sugar, and butter by hand or in the mixer until it comes together.
- It will be crumbly.
- Press into a foil or parchment lined 9×13 pan. Bake for 20 minutes in a preheated 350 degree oven.
- While the crust is cooking, cream together the cream cheese and sugar. Add the flour. Add the eggs, vanilla.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture over the hot crust.
- Spoon the reserved berries over the cream cheese mixture.
- Take a knife and swirl the blueberries throughout the cream cheese.
- Put the pan back into the 350 degree oven and bake for another 20 minutes or until the bars are set.
- Let the pan cool on a rack for an hour. Then put the bars back into the fridge for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Cut into squares and dust with powdered sugar.
Insight :: Rustic Benches Studio