Thursday, March 15, 2012

Just Because I'm Hungry!




I have this really great recipe for pizza dough.  Over the years, I feel like I have been able to tweak it to near perfection.  This is obviously for my taste, but most everyone has been complimentary.  Now, you say ... who's NOT going to compliment the cook?  True.  But, if they keep coming back for it, I take it as a good sign.  The good thing about this dough is that it's versatile.  It can rise up for a thick crust, or you can roll it out very thin, for a crispy crust.  I may share this recipe with you, but not yet :-)  The reason I bring it up is because I was looking for something different to make for dinner, but still wanted to make something pizza-ish, so I took to pinterest (my visual drooling app) and found a fun idea.  Here's the original blog I read for this idea :: Pizza Rolls :: You can do it with store bought dough, or make your own, but these pizza balls were super-easy to make, and oh my gosh amazing to bite into, fresh out of the oven.  The best part - stuff them with whatever you want...the first time, I cooked up honey garlic sausages, made some pesto and grated some cheese...that's it.! 

They were SOOOOO good.




Roll out your dough
Cut into 20-24 squares
smear pesto or sauce
add ingredients (not tooooo stuffed)
grate cheese
fold and shape into balls
line them up close together in a oven safe pan
sprinkle with seasoning (I grated parmesan, basil flakes and oregano flakes)
Bake at 400C for about 15-20 minutes
Cool a few minutes
Separate onto plates and dip in marinara sauce

Insight :: Rustic Benches Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment